Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
kaoss_11
Telephone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 915
new found love for sprint

Extremely happy with sprint at the moment. I just moved from detroit back to los angeles and the speeds are night and day. I have 4g everywhere I go now and I have been seeing speedtest as fast as 10Mb and 3g test are about 800-1.3 Mb. Cellphone reception is great with no issues.

My cell reception was very good in michigan however there was no 4g in my area except for downtown and near the midtown area around wayne state university.

3g speeds were hit or miss in the metro detroit area. sometimes 1.2Mbs sometimes only 10% of that.

Overall I am happy and cant complain because prior to I was ready to leave in July when my contract was up.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
psychotron
Telegraph User

SU$: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoss_11 View Post
Extremely happy with sprint at the moment. I just moved from detroit back to los angeles and the speeds are night and day. I have 4g everywhere I go now and I have been seeing speedtest as fast as 10Mb and 3g test are about 800-1.3 Mb. Cellphone reception is great with no issues.

My cell reception was very good in michigan however there was no 4g in my area except for downtown and near the midtown area around wayne state university.

3g speeds were hit or miss in the metro detroit area. sometimes 1.2Mbs sometimes only 10% of that.

Overall I am happy and cant complain because prior to I was ready to leave in July when my contract was up.
That's good for LA. I am in the OC and 4G us around 8-10Mbps here. Problem is you can't keep 4G on. The battery on my ET4G would be dead within 6 hours of moderate use, not even steaming movies or playing games. Switched to Verizon to get the Razr Maxx. Battery asts forever on LTE and the speeds are double Sprints. I kept a few lines open with Sprint though. Well see how the new LTE network goes.
psychotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 19,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoss_11 View Post

Well moving to a different city/state is always a way to get better phone service I guess. Wasn't an option for me. To much hassle with finding a new job and selling my house and all. It was just easier to switch providers instead. I'm glad your happy with Sprint now.
Kendog210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
kaoss_11
Telephone User

im recent grad and my only responsibilities are myself so moving around was as easy as getting a plane ticket, a bag of clothes, my phone and charger plus my laptop.

just moved back out here with an ex and I am bumming it at her place. just moved out here fri the 13th and I have an interview with sprint on 4/21. I am believing in god that I will get the job
Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
gedster314
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Amused
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 5,144
I recently looked at the 4G map for the LA area. Not bad but the map stops 35 miles short from where I spend 95% of my time. Last time I took the MetroLink through the San Fernando Valley, 3G was horrible. Where my friend lives, Gower and Hollywood Blvd area, 3G was pretty bad. At the time my account did not have 4G, have not been back in the area since I had 4G turned on.

I use love Sprint when I lived in an area that had good coverage. Just waiting for my roaming termination letter or contract expiration.
gedster314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
Forever92
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Samsung Note
SU$: 2,209
I bet that batt life is doin real good too. lol...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
kaoss_11
Telephone User

Battery life not bad on mean rom
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
gopher_otis
Telephone User

SU$: 757
Cool, glad its gotten better for you OP!

Sent via Forum Runner on my redsn0w iOS 5.1 iPhone 4 
gopher_otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > new found love for sprint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: