Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #76
druzhil
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 82
Everyone that is pointing to the T&C terms should reconsider this in a consumer standpoint and not what Sprint/Business sees. And why would a consumer go digging for the T&C to check, if roaming data is unlimited when their account and billing statements say so.
On the consumer's account webpage/Billing statement - it Legally states unlimited data roaming.
What does that mean? no limit to data roaming.
Yes, under the T&C - Sprint could terminate your service and such, but you could easily sue them in small claims court to move to another carrier under the circumstance on the termination.

@monkeyboy
Statement and Account information is in English for the consumer to verify their service and plan. If it states unlimited roaming data, it should be unlimited roaming data. If this is an error, they should correct/update it and not leaving it there to confuse anyone. Misrepresentation in company's statement and user account page is always the fault of the company and not consumer.

Last edited by druzhil; 03-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.
druzhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #77
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by druzhil View Post
Everyone that is pointing to the T&C terms should reconsider this in a consumer standpoint and not what Sprint/Business sees. And why would a consumer go digging for the T&C to check, if roaming data is unlimited when their account and billing statements say so.
On the consumer's account webpage/Billing statement - it Legally states unlimited data roaming.
What does that mean? no limit to data roaming.
Yes, under the T&C - Sprint could terminate your service and such, but you could easily sue them in small claims court to move to another carrier under the circumstance on the termination.

@monkeyboy
Statement and Account information is in English for the consumer to verify their service and plan. If it states unlimited roaming data, it should be unlimited roaming data. If this is an error, they should correct/update it and not leaving it there to confuse anyone. Misrepresentation in company's statement and user account page is always the fault of the company and not consumer.
Many "dig around" in the T&C's to get out of their agreement, why wouldn't you dig around if you had gotten a letter about excessive data roaming?

Sprint can just as easily send you such a letter if they feel that you are "abusing network resources" with even on network data usage. The contract is totally to the benefit of the wireless carrier, with the "only"benefit to the consumer being the ability to use the service and possibly the discounted device.

Edit: You do realize that you agree to what is written in the long set of terms and conditions (the contract) and that statements made that indicate otherwise, even by a sprint rep, are not a promise by the company to honor any thing a representative tells you?

We can go around in circles about what is legally vague, and only a judge can determine if the advertising is too vague or misleading.

Last edited by Dan; 03-18-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #78
druzhil
Two Cans & String User

First off - Why would I need to look at the T&C for roaming data information. The statement and user account states it all. Second, I would call Sprint to see what's going on and if they can explain why roaming data cap is 300MB and statement/website states unlimited (If I receive a letter about roaming usage). As I stated before, look into the consumer point of view - majority would check their statement and account information online and call Sprint for the discrepancy.

Sprint is still liable for this confusion - Best they remove/update the information, so there are no confusion.

Not Exactly True: "You do realize that you agree to what is written in the long set of terms and conditions (the contract) and that statements made that indicate otherwise, even by a sprint rep, are not a promise by the company to honor any thing a representative tells you?" Not every single contract can be binding, when clearly there are false advertising or deception.

BTW: i'm not saying Sprint would honor the unlimited roaming data.

Last edited by druzhil; 03-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #79
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
First off - Why would I need to look at the T&C for roaming data information. The statement and user account states it all. Second, I would call Sprint to see what's going on and if they can explain why roaming data cap is 300MB and statement/website states unlimited (If I receive a letter about roaming usage). As I stated before, look into the consumer point of view - majority would check their statement and account information online and call Sprint for the discrepancy.

Sprint is still liable for this confusion - Best they remove/update the information, so there are no confusion.

Not Exactly True: "You do realize that you agree to what is written in the long set of terms and conditions (the contract) and that statements made that indicate otherwise, even by a sprint rep, are not a promise by the company to honor any thing a representative tells you?" Not every single contract can be binding, when clearly there are false advertising or deception.

BTW: i'm not saying Sprint would honor the unlimited roaming data.
Your contentions are those that have to be judged in a court of law, not on an internet forum. Since none of us represent Sprint on here, its just a debate that will not result in any Sprint response in your favor.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #80
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 49,912
Quote:
@monkeyboy
Like I said in that same post, I agree that the website's language is misleading. And I tried to explain why it might be the way it is. As far as the billing system is concerned, roaming *is* unlimited, which to the billing system means, no HARD CAP, no AUTOMATIC shutoff threshold.

Yes, Sprint should put a little * beside it which says "Roaming subject to rules as described in the T/C." The website is some poor web programmer's attempt to translate data coming from the billing DB into English, but it is IMPERFECT. There are numerous other imperfections in the website and its translation of coded rules into "English".

Nevertheless, I still don't consider it excusable to ignore warning letters, clear description of the roaming rules elsewhere and to hang on to the implausible belief that roaming could ever be "unlimited". When it comes to technology, I don't subscribe to the notion that consumers have no responsibility in educating themselves -- like those that might believe that watching wireless streaming TV is the same as watch broadcast TV.
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #81
druzhil
Two Cans & String User

@monkeyboy
Like i stated before - Do not look at it in a Sprint point of view. A consumer point of view, would I be able to tell a difference from "Billing System" and "Web system." They both stated the same information, unlimited roaming. So anyone would think it is unlimited roaming. I'm not arguing that continuous roaming after warning letter is not consumer's fault. but Sprint did nothing to correct itself is at fault and misleading.

You're making it sound like its all the consumer's fault for keep roaming data even though they received a warning letter. But what about the consumer called on 1st warning letter confirmed they do not even know which one is correct or why it states unlimited roaming. They still haven't correct the issue or make an attempt to do so. Should the consumer consider it unlimited roaming, it states it right there.

I would agree - both are at fault "Sprint and Consumer." Who leads it to be at fault? Sprint for being deceptive.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #82
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by druzhil
@monkeyboy
Like i stated before - Do not look at it in a Sprint point of view. A consumer point of view, would I be able to tell a difference from "Billing System" and "Web system." They both stated the same information, unlimited roaming. So anyone would think it is unlimited roaming. I'm not arguing that continuous roaming after warning letter is not consumer's fault. but Sprint did nothing to correct itself is at fault and misleading.

You're making it sound like its all the consumer's fault for keep roaming data even though they received a warning letter. But what about the consumer called on 1st warning letter confirmed they do not even know which one is correct or why it states unlimited roaming. They still haven't correct the issue or make an attempt to do so. Should the consumer consider it unlimited roaming, it states it right there.

I would agree - both are at fault "Sprint and Consumer." Who leads it to be at fault? Sprint for being deceptive.
Sprint reminded you of the rules in the letter they sent you, letting you know the acceptable roaming limits. That letter from Sprint legal would have had a number on it if you had any questions. Failing to reply to the letter, as it seemed you did, was no one's fault but your own.

Maybe you didn't read the contract you were agreeing to, but you are legally bound by it even if ignorant of the details. Are you upset because another carrier is going to cost you more? Did you expect Sprint to just keep your service going because it says "unlimited" for how much roaming data you can use without being charged for an overage?

Simply put, in Sprint's estimation, you are not a customer worth keeping.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SprintUsers Forum
Old 03-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #83
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 49,912
Quote:
We also know that at times Sprint CS tells customer thngs that are wrong. Is Sprint being deceptive? Deception requires malice. As I've been saying: Never ascribe to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I don't think that Sprint is trying to be deceptive on their website with info that can be misleading. Yes they should fix it, but the problems are most certainly unintentional.... rooted in incompetence if you wish to be harsh about it.
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #84
JeffDTD
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Samsung EPIC
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 18,855
Send a message via AIM to JeffDTD
Its always baffled me why being shown the door, etf free with devices in hand, causes frequent roamers so much grief. I detest roaming for the most part and so if I were caused new circumstances that made me roam all the time, it would be a relief to leave sprint FOR FREE and be able to recover my device costs by reselling the equipment. Oh well.

JeffDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #85
JeffDTD
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Samsung EPIC
SU$: 18,855
Send a message via AIM to JeffDTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
We also know that at times Sprint CS tells customer thngs that are wrong. Is Sprint being deceptive? Deception requires malice. As I've been saying: Never ascribe to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I don't think that Sprint is trying to be deceptive on their website with info that can be misleading. Yes they should fix it, but the problems are most certainly unintentional.... rooted in incompetence if you wish to be harsh about it.
Right.... i think its very plausible that its "case by case" on each and every one of us. A customer roaming in a market with known tower issues gets a free pass..... a customer roaming on to cspire or uscell or metro (carriers who have reciprocal roaming deals with sprint) may exceed the caps and never be touched while a customer who roams onto verizon gets attacked because that is $$ prohibitive

JeffDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #86
gopher_otis
Telephone User

SU$: 757
It hasn't changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-990001086.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	43592  
gopher_otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #87
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_otis View Post
It hasn't changed.
Don't hold your breath on it changing either.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #88
gedster314
Cordless Phone User

SU$: 5,144
Well that unlimited roaming on the Website was new to me a few months back. I never ventured into further usage details. From my very first day with Sprint I knew roaming was frowned upon. Maybe because I came from a time when the phones regularly told you that you were roaming and actually gave beeb when you roamed. Roaming was stuck in my head as being a bad thing. For a few years, phones stopped telling you were roaming, I guess it was a marketing decision. Then when I got Epic4GTouch and it's roaming guard crap, it reminded me that roaming is still an issue.

Will someone at Sprint get off their @ss and send me one of these letters! I would love to be asked to leave ETF free. Past 4 months I've been up to 4GB of roaming 3G and no letter. I'm liking Verizon's 1Mbps in my area compared to Sprint's 50 to 100 Kbps.

Last edited by gedster314; 04-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.
gedster314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #89
sitlet
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 3,344
Quote:
Will someone at Sprint get off their @ss and send me one of these letters! I would love to be asked to leave ETF free. Past 4 months I've been up to 4GB of roaming 3G and no letter. I'm liking Verizon's 1Mbps in my area compared to Sprint's 50 to 100 Kbps.
Email dan@sprint.com, a rep will call you within 24 hours. Tell them Sprint is not holding up their end of your contract by providing you speeds less than 600kbps on 3g, and that you want out of your contract. No need to screw Sprint and raise the prices for everyone by constantly roaming.
sitlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #90
jonnythan
Cucumber Cowboy

Phone: Nexus S
SU$: 5,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet View Post
Email dan@sprint.com, a rep will call you within 24 hours. Tell them Sprint is not holding up their end of your contract by providing you speeds less than 600kbps on 3g, and that you want out of your contract. No need to screw Sprint and raise the prices for everyone by constantly roaming.
Your contract guaranteed >600 kbps 3G speeds?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: