Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #16
paulrotc
Telephone User
 
paulrotc's Avatar
 
Mood: Amused
Join Date: Oct 25, '11
Posts: 155
Phone: Apple iPhone 5S
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,472
Am I the only one that thinks a 5.3" screen is just too big for a phone? To me, it's like buying an LCD tv and whipping it out of your pocket lol.
paulrotc is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love
 
tbakergobuck's Avatar
 
Mood: Amazed
Join Date: Dec 2, '02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29,734
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
Thanks: 933
Thanked 615 Times in 524 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 175,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post
I like big phones.
Although, this is too big!
HDQ likes big things.
__________________
No more broken promises from Dan Hesse.
tbakergobuck is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #18
teddyman
Two Cans & String User
 
teddyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 29, '11
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 9
Who wants to carry a phone and a tablet. Galaxy note serves both purpose. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.
teddyman is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
Boatgearguy
Telephone User
 
Boatgearguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 17, '11
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyman
Who wants to carry a phone and a tablet. Galaxy note serves both purpose. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.
Me too!! It looks awesome on that tv commercial.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SprintUsers Forum
Boatgearguy is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
BZap49
Cellular Phone User
 
BZap49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 24, '11
Posts: 2,233
Thanks: 145
Thanked 272 Times in 199 Posts
SU$: 27,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrotc View Post
Am I the only one that thinks a 5.3" screen is just too big for a phone? To me, it's like buying an LCD tv and whipping it out of your pocket lol.
Nah, you're not alone. Heck, I think 4.3" is too big.
BZap49 is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #21
paulrotc
Telephone User
 
paulrotc's Avatar
 
Mood: Amused
Join Date: Oct 25, '11
Posts: 155
Phone: Apple iPhone 5S
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49 View Post
Nah, you're not alone. Heck, I think 4.3" is too big.
Amen to that!
paulrotc is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #22
Boatgearguy
Telephone User
 
Boatgearguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 17, '11
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 1,032
If they can bring it in at the right price point it's a winner. It's a phone & a tablet plus the stylus gives even more options. Why carry a phone & a wifi tablet when the note can do it all? Man I want one!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SprintUsers Forum
Boatgearguy is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #23
BZap49
Cellular Phone User
 
BZap49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 24, '11
Posts: 2,233
Thanks: 145
Thanked 272 Times in 199 Posts
SU$: 27,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatgearguy View Post
If they can bring it in at the right price point it's a winner. It's a phone & a tablet plus the stylus gives even more options. Why carry a phone & a wifi tablet when the note can do it all? Man I want one!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SprintUsers Forum
I carry just a phone...even better.
BZap49 is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #24
Boatgearguy
Telephone User
 
Boatgearguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 17, '11
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49

I carry just a phone...even better.
I know I'm showing my age but your comment reminds me of the comments I heard when I got my first cell phone (car phone) in 1984 when associates said I've got a beeper, that's all I need. The world marches on.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SprintUsers Forum
Boatgearguy is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #25
paulrotc
Telephone User
 
paulrotc's Avatar
 
Mood: Amused
Join Date: Oct 25, '11
Posts: 155
Phone: Apple iPhone 5S
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,472
But was it a beeper with a 5.3" display lol. Sorry........couldn't help myself.

To each, his/her own. If you dig the Note, then go for it!
paulrotc is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
BZap49
Cellular Phone User
 
BZap49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 24, '11
Posts: 2,233
Thanks: 145
Thanked 272 Times in 199 Posts
SU$: 27,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatgearguy View Post
I know I'm showing my age but your comment reminds me of the comments I heard when I got my first cell phone (car phone) in 1984 when associates said I've got a beeper, that's all I need. The world marches on.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SprintUsers Forum
The thing is, a beeper and a cell phone were two drastically different things. They were communication tools, but the cell phone made things much easier, since you didn't have to go search for a phone.

Cell phones and tablets are the same thing...one is just a bigger version of the other.

When I do need to carry two devices, it's because one of them can't do something the other can. In my case, I carry a netbook or laptop and a cell phone.

Again, not saying Sprint shouldn't get the Note, as options are always good. Just saying that I personally have no interest in that behemoth.
BZap49 is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #27
Boatgearguy
Telephone User
 
Boatgearguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 17, '11
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49

The thing is, a beeper and a cell phone were two drastically different things. They were communication tools, but the cell phone made things much easier, since you didn't have to go search for a phone.

Cell phones and tablets are the same thing...one is just a bigger version of the other.

When I do need to carry two devices, it's because one of them can't do something the other can. In my case, I carry a netbook or laptop and a cell phone.

Again, not saying Sprint shouldn't get the Note, as options are always good. Just saying that I personally have no interest in that behemoth.
Most tablets won't make phone calls unless you're using Skype or some other service. Looking at the popularity of small tablets like the Kindle, Nook etc. I can see a market for a small tablet that makes phone calls & also doesn't need wifi to connect to the web when you're out & about. Being retired I no longer need to carry a laptop like I did when I was working. I also don't need a 10" tablet to lug around. Although I can probably do most of the same things on my 4" Epic, the Note would make it easier on these old eyes & fingers. Again it's not for everyone but I think it would do well in this market if it were priced right.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SprintUsers Forum
Boatgearguy is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
chemclean
Two Cans & String User
 
chemclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, '11
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 9
If I buy the new galaxy note from amazon what would I need to do to get it to work on Sprint? Or is it even possible?
chemclean is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #29
VDubb
The Guru
 
VDubb's Avatar
 
Mood: Amused
Join Date: Jan 23, '07
Posts: 3,110
Phone: iPhone 5
Thanks: 8
Thanked 125 Times in 101 Posts
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 36,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemclean
If I buy the new galaxy note from amazon what would I need to do to get it to work on Sprint? Or is it even possible?
If it isn't released for Sprint specifically, then no.

- VDubb

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SprintUsers Forum
__________________
If my post was helpful, click
VDubb is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #30
brownhornet
Cordless Phone User
 
brownhornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 28, '10
Posts: 559
Thanks: 2
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
SU$: 5,674
Is it just me or does it seem like Samsung is pulling away from HTC in the smartphone arena? The Galaxy series is kicking HTC to sleep as of right now. And im not even talking about sales just in terms of phones. What's the best phone HTC has right now, the 3D? Rezound?
brownhornet is offline  
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Sprint should get the Samsung Galaxy Note.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sprint PCS 3G in Alaska cryptoboi Sprint Discussion 7 11-15-2012 09:38 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -