Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
abentley
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 14
Transform sync error

I just got a new Transform as a replacement four days ago, and after a slightly difficult activation, everything has been going well. However, last night both my facebook and gmail accounts attached to the phone got syncing errors, saying that "Sync will be back shortly." I'm left with only one entry in my contacts section although any calls or texts received still show up from a known contact. Any ideas why this happened and what I can do? Really not looking forward to enters 200+ numbers.
abentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
JustinE
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Transform
SU$: 28
I did some digging after having the same problem with my Transform. I called Care to make sure I was provisioned correctly (which I was) and was told there was a Google outage.

Continuing on I found this....

"Try this: IMPORTANT!! Make sure all your contacts are updated in your GMail account online in case it erases all your contacts.
This worked for me:
Go to "Settings". Select "Applications".
Select "Manage Applications".
Scroll down to "Contacts Storage"
Click on "Clear Data"

Go back to to "Settings" again and in "Data Synchronization"
resync by pressing "Synchronize Now"

Appears the sync works now, but not sure if it has pulled the data down yet. Waiting now. I'll update again if it works. If you do this BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR CONTACTS FIRST SOMEWHERE!!!!!

Justin
JustinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
JustinE
Two Cans & String User

It worked. Pulled everything back! I did go and delete the cache data for calendar, contacts, and gmail. Had a few spooky minutes of nothing on the phone, but it all came back.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
daddyedison
Telegraph User

Phone: SamsngTransform
SU$: 161
Lucky....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinE View Post
It worked. Pulled everything back! I did go and delete the cache data for calendar, contacts, and gmail. Had a few spooky minutes of nothing on the phone, but it all came back.

Good for you. Mine still won't sync and I've reset the data twice AND cleared the operational cache using the maintenance menu you can only get to if you start it up like this:

First power down your Transform normally, or remove the battery if it's locked up.

Next (and this is VERY important and different from most of the WRONG information on the web) press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and VOICE DIAL (below power on/off) buttons simultaneously (use your left had). With your other hand, press and hold the POWER ON/OFF button. Keep ALL THREE pressed until you see the word "SAMSUNG" appear on the screen. Then you can let all three buttons go and it should boot into a maintenance partition.

Not exactly sure what this is useful for yet, but I will keep hacking until I find out .
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
JustinE
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyedison View Post
Good for you. Mine still won't sync and I've reset the data twice AND cleared the operational cache using the maintenance menu you can only get to if you start it up like this:

First power down your Transform normally, or remove the battery if it's locked up.

Next (and this is VERY important and different from most of the WRONG information on the web) press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and VOICE DIAL (below power on/off) buttons simultaneously (use your left had). With your other hand, press and hold the POWER ON/OFF button. Keep ALL THREE pressed until you see the word "SAMSUNG" appear on the screen. Then you can let all three buttons go and it should boot into a maintenance partition.

Not exactly sure what this is useful for yet, but I will keep hacking until I find out .
Holy crap, that's a lot of effort. I'm gonna guess you tried my method since you went to the next level with this portion of the fix.

What build are you on? Did you try reinstalling the user account? I'm gonna guess you did. Are you running any custom launchers or anything other than the normal ID stuff?

Justin
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
daddyedison
Telegraph User

Phone: SamsngTransform
SU$: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinE View Post
Holy crap, that's a lot of effort. I'm gonna guess you tried my method since you went to the next level with this portion of the fix.

What build are you on? Did you try reinstalling the user account? I'm gonna guess you did. Are you running any custom launchers or anything other than the normal ID stuff?

Justin
Nope. Turns out my USB cable was bad, which hosed the phone. Sprint replaced it and now everything works perfectly! BEWARE THE USB CABLE!!!!!

Thanks for trying, though.

Tags
contacts, error, lost, sync, transform

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: