Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
jsmith123
Telegraph User

SU$: 364
SOLD My Sprint Instinct Review - yes, did NOT switch to AT&T!

I was going to switch from Sprint to AT&T with iPhone 3G but then I took an hour and tried out Sprint Instinct at the store. It is an awesome phone and a serious competitor (except browser which will be resolved with Opera Mini soon).

Other than that, it is very customizable, single handed operation for most stuff, fast Touch-screen response, real GPS (unlike iPhone which just tacks on Google Maps) with turn-by-turn directions.

You can even download Google maps (both street view and satellite view) on Sprint Instinct (should be integrated with GPS in a little while as well). The voice command search is awesome (you say Chinese Food and it will find nearby using GPS and even give you a one-touch number to call or one-touch to turn-by-turn GPS directions), and 30+ TV channels and a lot of Radio channels are included. It also has a camcorder that iPhone doesn't. It is perfect size (iphone is too wide).

And best of all, for $69.99 single line or $129.99 for 2 lines, you get everything that iPhone 3G will provide plus UNLIMITED Text messaging (iPhone will cost $20 extra per month!) and UNLIMITED TV and RADIO time (no TV or Radio on iPhone)!

The TeleNav GPS on Instinct is like high-end GPS unit for a car and it has voice command with real names of streets. It also checks for real-time traffic alerts and re-routes you!

You can even set Instinct up to announce (text to voice) the names of phone callers on incoming calls or text messages!

And it cost me $129.99 at BestBuy (no mail-in rebates needed) with renewal of 2-year contract (I was 23 months into the contract). This is the best deal for my money and I got 2 of them for me and my wife and she loves it!
jsmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
jsmith123
Telegraph User

SU$: 364
I forgot to mention one thing. When I first saw Instinct's touch scroll on lists/menus, I thought there was a lag. But it is actually designed like a wave or imagine a piano keyboard and you move your fingers from left to right quickly on the keys. Just like a piano keys, the list items will depress at the touch spot forming a wave and you also get the haptic vibration feedback of keys depressed and the wave reflection when the wave hits the top and bottom of the list! It is pretty neat. You can turn the vibration off if you don't want but soon after using it, I like it.

Last edited by jsmith123; 06-24-2008 at 08:24 PM.
jsmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
Juan
Administrator

Mood: Cool
Phone: SG 4
Thanked 5,210 Times in 122 Posts
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 26,714
You should consider writing an official review for it.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Phone Reviews > My Sprint Instinct Review - yes, did NOT switch to AT&T!