Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
tube517
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Sleepy
Phone: Galaxy Note 2
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd View Post
1-888-RED-TUBE?
HTC EVO Shift 4G • JellyBelly ROM
Samsung Galaxy S3 • Dan Kang ROM (4.3.1)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 in)• Deleterious 1.5 (4.1.2) ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note LTE • CM 11 p12 ROM (4.4.2)
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #17
NGeorge
Telegraph User

Phone: PhotonQ LTE
SU$: 478
I'm not sure if they still do it, but similar to what was mentioned above, landlines are the easiest way to do this: Qwest used to charge a $50 fee and you could get any landline number that you wanted, provided it was a local exchange, and available.

I used this for my mom about 5 years back who could NEVER remember her cell phone number (not for lack of trying... She's not even that old. It just wouldn't click lol). I decided to give her a birthday gift: I got Qwest to bring out a second landline, ported the number to Sprint about a week later. Mom now as xxx-8194 for the landline she's had forever, and xxx-8195 for the cell. Problem solved for a total of around 57 bucks (50 + a week of prorated service and taxes)

In fact it worked so well that her girlfriends asked her how she was so lucky (similar minds cant grasp similar things like own cell phone numbers I guess lol) and after she did the "my son's a genius" spiel I was nice and sat the same thing up for 4 of them--3 of them were lucky enough to get the same prefix with their cell number one digit off, and the other got a different prefix (the other major landline prefix in town) with the same last 4 as their landline.

Again that's been about 5 years, and since mom's social circle can remember their numbers now I haven't been called to do it since lol

Nat
NGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Vanity numbers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: