Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
Tai
Hawtness :)

Phone: W810i
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,009
To you Naysayers and Sprint Bashers

I am likely to take alot of flak over this post. You know what I dont care. Ive read too much whining.. CUSTOMER misinformation... to stay silent. A few of the oldbies here Deval,Patrick and others remember be as a the hotheaded Canadian Supervisor. You newer people will know me as the most hated blunt Canadian.

Before I begin let me give you a personal history lesson. Ive been in the Customer service industry for 15 years and 10 of that working for American Owned and operated Canadian Call Centres . Let me give you the reality of customer, this is a 2 faced coin. First side is Customer Service-Servicing the account aquiring information for questions and educating on self service options. With an industry so large and huge as a cell phone or a computer company you cannot have all the information in one area and every rep cannot know it all. The average agent work experience is non existent or burger flipping (Normally high school students still trying to figure out what to drink this weekend or what drugs to smoke or prehaps what college to goto.) The call centre industry has a high churn rate of about 25% after 1 month, 40% after 3 months and after 6 months 75% 1 yr is about 95%. So do you really expect anyone to have alot of experience. Hell I quit working for Sprint for 9 months to train CSR's for an American Cable company(that company is the most shady one Ive ever saw *cough* Charter) Back on topic now. I came back to Sprint after 9 months and saw maybe 30 agents who were there when I left. only 2 supervisors who I remember and 90% of the agents I overheard didnt really care about there job.

Holy crap I totally bashed alot of CSRs. No I didnt I simply show you the other side of the coin. Now dont get me wrong our Canadian sites with Sprint are among some of the best trained now. Best Paid ( I make more in Bonus then I make on my paycheck) and its very rewarding. O yea I dont work for Sprint I work for Convergys who works for Sprint. Alot of you may have dealt with some awesome mannered patient and diligent account services agents and Corp Agents.. Guess what there ones I been working with and training for the last 6-7 months. I aint a supervisor no more but I still train all my agents to be the best and in reality our site is. We had American trainers *cough* teach us to use the new billing system they were absolutely floored by the lack of sales fraud, cramming and rudeness of agents in our site. Also that we get daily and weekly rewards for being one of the best.

Yes Sprints American Call Centres have alot of internal issues. Should I even mention the overseas ones? No I think we can all agree to hate them. (Horror story from tonite) I had a CSR from BNAIJHAGJKHAJK I cant even pronounce transfer a call to me tonite because they couldnt figure out that a BOOST customer cant be serviced by Sprint. I did manage to assist the guy. More out of annoyance and boredom. We laughed at the stupidity of the agent and left with his issue fixed and in hand. (needed a programming code for his device.) There has in my 3 yrs with Sprint been more Canadian sites opened to service Sprint. What I think Sprint needs is to send me overseas and teach them what Customer Service is.

Back to customer service. The second part of Customer service (customers point) I want it all and I want it now..... Reallllly Canadians arent spoiled by there carriers and I thank them for it. 70% of the customers who want to cancel dont want to pay there bills. I say good riddence. 500k lost last quarter! Great Let them leech the life from other carriers and stop wasting my time with drivel about ooo I got a 200.00 plan and I want to pay nothing....

2 Great things to come from Sprint this year.... Throwing to the curb the troublesome customers. And if you knew the reality of them not some media warped version you wouldnt keep them. For instance you run a deli stop. Someone orders 1000lbs of beef and takes it and never pays and you owe them money some how. You wont service them and why should Sprint.

Second thing. Sprint knew they were going to lose 500K customers in the last quarter. So they invented "Tier 2" What is this you say. Senior agents who wont let you cancel with regular agents. I cant really goto details however I will say this. If you had a spending limit or bad credit you wouldnt talk to us. Had great payment history or no spending limit you talked to me. Got what you needed and extra education on why you didnt want to get the POS Iphone or what fancy trinket others were offering. Namely better plans (Basic plans are by FAR better and retention forget it ATT youll never touch our plans or extra features.) All you people want more phones? You want junk phones with subpar data and voice service go join ATT. You want some good quality and yes affordable phone prices. Alot of people boast of better rebates from other carriers. Enjoy your subpar equipment Ill take a motoQ9C over Iphone any day.

Well I more to rant about but I work in 7 hours. So yea got a problem PM I know I can fix it or direct you how. Want something free from me... Bend over. O and I havent cancelled a single account in 5 straight weeks and my customers are 100% satified 5 weeks running. And there well educated. Am I the exception to the rule yes. Should the world clone 1mil of me and make them work the cell phone industry, probably not I am rude vulgar and blunt and I dont know crap about customer service. But hey if you want me to post my Sprint stats I can do so to back it up. O yea I was investigated for possible fraud for guess what?! Not cancelling customers. Then they monitored me for 3 weeks and I never heard another word other then.. keep doing what your doing.

Additional Information- Agents in Account Services are required to save at least 65% of all customers. My site saves 72% and I think the running total between all 4 account services sites 69%-75% as a whole. So we do know customer service and how to fix problems. In december we were asked to cancel less then 26500 lines of service in that month for our site. We cancelled I think around 12000. So all you boasting Sprint lost alot of customers you are wrong and your numbers are likely word from someone elses mouth.

Tai
Mouth of the North
Old 01-13-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
Teck_72
Telegraph User

Phone: Touch Diamond
SU$: 470
Eh. I don't know you nor do i know your reputation, but it's nice to hear things (as a sales rep) from the inside of call centers. Thanks for the post.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #3

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
I am likely to take alot of flak over this post. You know what I dont care. Ive read too much whining.. CUSTOMER misinformation... to stay silent. A few of the oldbies here Deval,Patrick and others remember be as a the hotheaded Canadian Supervisor. You newer people will know me as the most hated blunt Canadian.

Before I begin let me give you a personal history lesson. Ive been in the Customer service industry for 15 years and 10 of that working for American Owned and operated Canadian Call Centres . Let me give you the reality of customer, this is a 2 faced coin. First side is Customer Service-Servicing the account aquiring information for questions and educating on self service options. With an industry so large and huge as a cell phone or a computer company you cannot have all the information in one area and every rep cannot know it all. The average agent work experience is non existent or burger flipping (Normally high school students still trying to figure out what to drink this weekend or what drugs to smoke or prehaps what college to goto.) The call centre industry has a high churn rate of about 25% after 1 month, 40% after 3 months and after 6 months 75% 1 yr is about 95%. So do you really expect anyone to have alot of experience. Hell I quit working for Sprint for 9 months to train CSR's for an American Cable company(that company is the most shady one Ive ever saw *cough* Charter) Back on topic now. I came back to Sprint after 9 months and saw maybe 30 agents who were there when I left. only 2 supervisors who I remember and 90% of the agents I overheard didnt really care about there job.

Holy crap I totally bashed alot of CSRs. No I didnt I simply show you the other side of the coin. Now dont get me wrong our Canadian sites with Sprint are among some of the best trained now. Best Paid ( I make more in Bonus then I make on my paycheck) and its very rewarding. O yea I dont work for Sprint I work for Convergys who works for Sprint. Alot of you may have dealt with some awesome mannered patient and diligent account services agents and Corp Agents.. Guess what there ones I been working with and training for the last 6-7 months. I aint a supervisor no more but I still train all my agents to be the best and in reality our site is. We had American trainers *cough* teach us to use the new billing system they were absolutely floored by the lack of sales fraud, cramming and rudeness of agents in our site. Also that we get daily and weekly rewards for being one of the best.

Yes Sprints American Call Centres have alot of internal issues. Should I even mention the overseas ones? No I think we can all agree to hate them. (Horror story from tonite) I had a CSR from BNAIJHAGJKHAJK I cant even pronounce transfer a call to me tonite because they couldnt figure out that a BOOST customer cant be serviced by Sprint. I did manage to assist the guy. More out of annoyance and boredom. We laughed at the stupidity of the agent and left with his issue fixed and in hand. (needed a programming code for his device.) There has in my 3 yrs with Sprint been more Canadian sites opened to service Sprint. What I think Sprint needs is to send me overseas and teach them what Customer Service is.

Back to customer service. The second part of Customer service (customers point) I want it all and I want it now..... Reallllly Canadians arent spoiled by there carriers and I thank them for it. 70% of the customers who want to cancel dont want to pay there bills. I say good riddence. 500k lost last quarter! Great Let them leech the life from other carriers and stop wasting my time with drivel about ooo I got a 200.00 plan and I want to pay nothing....

2 Great things to come from Sprint this year.... Throwing to the curb the troublesome customers. And if you knew the reality of them not some media warped version you wouldnt keep them. For instance you run a deli stop. Someone orders 1000lbs of beef and takes it and never pays and you owe them money some how. You wont service them and why should Sprint.

Second thing. Sprint knew they were going to lose 500K customers in the last quarter. So they invented "Tier 2" What is this you say. Senior agents who wont let you cancel with regular agents. I cant really goto details however I will say this. If you had a spending limit or bad credit you wouldnt talk to us. Had great payment history or no spending limit you talked to me. Got what you needed and extra education on why you didnt want to get the POS Iphone or what fancy trinket others were offering. Namely better plans (Basic plans are by FAR better and retention forget it ATT youll never touch our plans or extra features.) All you people want more phones? You want junk phones with subpar data and voice service go join ATT. You want some good quality and yes affordable phone prices. Alot of people boast of better rebates from other carriers. Enjoy your subpar equipment Ill take a motoQ9C over Iphone any day.

Well I more to rant about but I work in 7 hours. So yea got a problem PM I know I can fix it or direct you how. Want something free from me... Bend over. O and I havent cancelled a single account in 5 straight weeks and my customers are 100% satified 5 weeks running. And there well educated. Am I the exception to the rule yes. Should the world clone 1mil of me and make them work the cell phone industry, probably not I am rude vulgar and blunt and I dont know crap about customer service. But hey if you want me to post my Sprint stats I can do so to back it up. O yea I was investigated for possible fraud for guess what?! Not cancelling customers. Then they monitored me for 3 weeks and I never heard another word other then.. keep doing what your doing.

Additional Information- Agents in Account Services are required to save at least 65% of all customers. My site saves 72% and I think the running total between all 4 account services sites 69%-75% as a whole. So we do know customer service and how to fix problems. In december we were asked to cancel less then 26500 lines of service in that month for our site. We cancelled I think around 12000. So all you boasting Sprint lost alot of customers you are wrong and your numbers are likely word from someone elses mouth.

Tai
Mouth of the North
nuff said

Old 01-13-2008, 02:54 AM   #4
Tai

O and one more thing. I fully expect to be fired if they realize who I am
Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #5
Storino03
Android User

Phone: Galaxy 3 (32GB)
Trades: 2
SU$: 28,610
Send a message via AIM to Storino03
Okay, that's nice. I still get deals and I forgot to pay my bill for a few times. It's not like it's impossible to get Sprint reps that can cater toward your needs when you want them to.

--James
Old 01-13-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
TvTech
Crackberry Addict

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 6,312
Bravo!! *Standing ovation* GREAT post!! I like people like you who are honest and tell it how it is. I have no problem that are you Canadian too. I was in Canada this past summer and 95% of the Canadians I experienced were very polite and kind. They were much more pleasant than a lot of americans here in the states. Only bad apple was some rude guy at a hotel late at night in Whitehorse, YT. He could have given a crap about me.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:58 AM   #7
r0fl
No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages.

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Samsung Hearing
Trades: 24
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 4,215
Old 01-13-2008, 04:03 AM   #8
feo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Galaxy SIII
SU$: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by TvTech View Post
I have no problem that are you Canadian too. I was in Canada this past summer and 95% of the Canadians I experienced were very polite and kind.
<3 Canadians. Best things to come from there:

1) Pure Pwnage
[EDIT: if ALL canadian tv shows are this good - I need to get satellite]

2) Hockey

Last edited by feo; 01-13-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #9
maybe
Telegraph User

Phone: samsung m500
SU$: 248
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
Tai

I can dance all day I can dance all Day! BOOM HEADSOT!

Everyone knows you run faster with a knife Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feo View Post
<3 Canadians. Best things to come from there:

1) Pure Pwnage
[EDIT: if ALL canadian tv shows are this good - I need to get satellite]

2) Hockey

Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
jillianbee
You're still stupid.

Mood: Sneaky
My Mood: Sneaky
SU$: 19,731
That was a good post. I enjoy hearing about stuff from the inside. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
feo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Galaxy SIII
SU$: 1,414
Quote:
I can dance all day I can dance all Day! BOOM HEADSOT!

Everyone knows you run faster with a knife Duh!

I miss FPS Doug
QQ
Old 01-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #13
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

Phone: Storm, Palm Pre
Trades: 3
SU$: 4,362
Quote:

Tai
Mouth of the North

Whats your address i want to send you lots of money..
Old 01-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
Irate Customer
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung A640
SU$: 2,148
Unfortunately if Sprint did their job at higher than a C- average we wouldn't need CSR's 90% of the time. But between their systemic failure, their website which is wrong/broken more than it's not we still have to rely on the people who haven't yet been replaced by monkeys and robots.

The whole issue about 'people who got a $200 plan and expect to pay nothing is manifold:

1) Lots of people love to scam, this website is a good example of people who want to bend the rules and cut corners 'legitimately'. So cast ye the first stone, and all that.

2) The information and 'help' one gets back from Sprint is so random and there's so much variation that customers are both genuinely confused and genuinely irritated and figure, why not go big for an unwarranted handout if Sprint is that drunk and disorderly.

3) The treatment generally at the hands of Sprint is sometimes so shoddy, so arbitrary that customers call in to literally punish Sprint.

4) The call in phone menu tree is a disaster. It's slow infuriating and requires one to submit the same information multiple times. The call quality is abysmal for a phone company. After 10-15 minutes of Light Jazz from the Dentist's Chair you want to chase someone down the street with a nail gun.

5) Education in the billing system is a big deal. Sprint could eliminate a great deal of churn if they added better explanations to the timing on the printed bill. Some items are billed ahead, some are billed behind, rebates show up multiple times and are back out multiple times. Usually it's close to correct but the near-Enron level of Byzantine complexity is a waste of everyone's time. And either get the website to agree or remove all of the billing information from the website.

6) If you want retentions then offer perks to the customers. Offering them some one time credit if they get someone else to sign up, who will get in all probability, a better deal than existing customers, seems weak. Or patronizing.

7) Mail in rebates are a joke in the year 2008. Either make it instant at the point of sale or just sell them as special timing bottom line discounts. NO ONE LIKES screwing with 4 or so different rebate transactions.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
knytphal
Bows down to the current Frogger champ!

Phone: HTC 8925 on Tmo
Trades: 4
SU$: 14,396
That was an excellent post, Tai - thank you very much. I always enjoy reading about what its like on the other side of the phone. I haven't had to call in for customer service in quite awhile, but it is good to know that there are centers out there that rock and truly know what customer service is all about.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > To you Naysayers and Sprint Bashers

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: