Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
sprint3gsucks
Telegraph User

SU$: 415
Uhh... worst 3G speeds ever.

Been a Sprint customer for right about 6 years now... as you can tell by my user name I've not been a fan of their horrid data speeds for some time.

BUT, recently they've become even worse, so bad in fact that accessing data specific features on my smartphones is next to impossible without wifi.

I have an iPhone 4S, a Galaxy Nexus and a BlackBerry 9930. ALL of them are getting under .10 Mbps these days, and have been for a little over a month now.

Not sure whats going on, but if it's not tower upgrades, then Sprint... you can consider yourself out of the cellular data business. Seriously, whats the point with speeds like that? Pings of 500ms and above?

It's almost the year 2013... to put it concisely. GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER!
sprint3gsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Gameaddict8
Telephone User

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG G4
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 956
Send a message via AIM to Gameaddict8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint3gsucks View Post
Been a Sprint customer for right about 6 years now... as you can tell by my user name I've not been a fan of their horrid data speeds for some time.

BUT, recently they've become even worse, so bad in fact that accessing data specific features on my smartphones is next to impossible without wifi.

I have an iPhone 4S, a Galaxy Nexus and a BlackBerry 9930. ALL of them are getting under .10 Mbps these days, and have been for a little over a month now.

Not sure whats going on, but if it's not tower upgrades, then Sprint... you can consider yourself out of the cellular data business. Seriously, whats the point with speeds like that? Pings of 500ms and above?

Call and get some credits at least

LG G4
Gameaddict8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
lou2004
Telegraph User

Phone: Evo & Epic
SU$: 415
sprint data is getting worst and worst each day. i have to force roaming on verizon in order to send a text nowaday.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
24Carrots
Optimistic

Mood: Daring
Phone: IPhone 4S
My Mood: Daring
SU$: 420
I'm so sick of this mess. I didn't sign up for inconveniences.
24Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Pyramid-3
Account Locked

Phone: HTC Evo 4G
SU$: 10,901
I can no longer make VOICE calls on Atlantic ave in Raleigh NC which is one of the larger north south routes on the east side of North Raleigh. It's hit or miss in a moving car. My across the street neighbor was never able to make voice calls inside her house. She finally dropped Sprint. But I'm sure Sprint will make a huge deal when they finally haul LTE to the 125 people in West Catfish Arkansas or something.
Pyramid-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid-3 For This Useful Post:
mpritc1019 (01-02-2013)
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
24Carrots
Optimistic

Mood: Daring
Phone: IPhone 4S
My Mood: Daring
SU$: 420
My thing is if Sprint wants to be on the top of their game. They should start listening and reading reviews of their customers. I feel like Sprint is robbing us all. Well except the few who claim they get exceptional or mediocre service and they're fine with that :-(
24Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
SirSmokesAlot
Formerly known as Sprintguy4ever

Phone: LG F6
SU$: 18,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint3gsucks View Post

yup i was in the same boat as u ...speeds were around 0.01-0.04Mbps for a few good months it was a complete joke!...after sprint put up the network.sprint.com site for NV..i saw sprint working on the tower and after a few weeks i notice i could get to my home page..did a speed test and i hit 1.6Mbps and was able to hit max of 2.4Mbps!!

sprint then took a few good months to update another tower...sprints doing good with NV but they are slow with the work tho

Sprint - the best at being the worst

If I help in any way please click the THANKS button
SirSmokesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
SirSmokesAlot
Formerly known as Sprintguy4ever

Phone: LG F6
SU$: 18,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid-3 View Post
I can no longer make VOICE calls on Atlantic ave in Raleigh NC which is one of the larger north south routes on the east side of North Raleigh. It's hit or miss in a moving car. My across the street neighbor was never able to make voice calls inside her house. She finally dropped Sprint. But I'm sure Sprint will make a huge deal when they finally haul LTE to the 125 people in West Catfish Arkansas or something.

same thing happen to me when sprint was working on towers for NV...i wasnt able to anything on my phone while they work on the tower off and on for 2 weeks...so i just set my phone to roam for the 2 weeks

Sprint - the best at being the worst

If I help in any way please click the THANKS button
SirSmokesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
big_ole_truck
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 8,421
Stick with Sprint. Maybe in a few years, they will have semi-decent data speeds and better voice. Expecting to use voice and data services is so over rated.

I experienced the same with Sprint. Degradation of data speeds, nearly non-existant 4G speeds in a market they claimed had service, and shrinking native voice call service areas made the choice to leave Sprint extremely easy.

If Sprint isn't working for you, sell your phone(s), pay the ETF and get a cellphone service provider that works well for you. You'll be amazed how well the other carriers provide service. It's really nice to have fast data speeds and the ability to make calls when and for most times, where you like.
usernameOU812 (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
usernameOU812
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Nexus4
SU$: 7,623
Customer since '97 here.
Last 1 year or so, 3G speeds have stand still or deteriorated while the comps get faster fromt below & above.

21st century - we shouldn't be dealing with dial-up speeds or subsidizing SPCS while waiting for NV to take root.

Everything is under review including paying the ETF to get out.

Last edited by usernameOU812; 12-14-2012 at 08:21 AM.
usernameOU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
CellGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

Phone: Blackberry 9930
SU$: 8,085
I'm located in Southern Orange County California and for the past 3 months at my home I get data speeds of 10kbps. That is actually slower than the old dialup speed of 28.8 kbps that we used to get on a dial-up modem connection 20 years ago! Most of the time my data connection is completely unusable here at my home even with 5 bars of signal strength. Sprint's network is pitiful. How can Sprint expect users to stay with them when they are providing dial-up data speeds while all of the competition is providing 4G data speeds. Sprint should be providing data free during the upgrade period.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
kg4icg
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,684
If you have NV upgrades being done in your area, data and calls will be effected and Sprint has said this also. A little patience is required. Calling customer service will not speed it up. Now I have LTE being activated around me in the Dc area and it is expanding.
kg4icg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #14
CellGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

Phone: Blackberry 9930
SU$: 8,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
If you have NV upgrades being done in your area, data and calls will be effected and Sprint has said this also. A little patience is required. Calling customer service will not speed it up. Now I have LTE being activated around me in the Dc area and it is expanding.
I understand, but how long am I supposed to wait? One month, six months, one year? Unfortunately Sprint will not provide me with any news regarding when the NV upgrades to South Orange County will be completed. Waiting one month, or maybe even two months may be reasonable, considering that I have had unusable data for 3 months. If the upgrade is not going to be completed until late 2013, then it is unreasonable to wait especially with unusable data and paying every month for a data service that is unusable.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
kg4icg
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,684
It depends on how much work needs to be done. Back haul, installing new equipment on the towers, testing and alignment. Permits required for work and inspection.
kg4icg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Uhh... worst 3G speeds ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: