Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
cheezit
Smartphone connoisseur

Phone: HTC One M9
SU$: 4,493
One reason Sprint is losing customers

Is it any wonder why Sprint is having problems? They don't pay attention to what people tell them.

A couple of days ago I emailed ecare about the possibility of a discount. But since the place I work for doesn't participate in Sprints program, I submitted the alternative information requested. One rep emailed me back after a day and said the request was pending because they were unable to verify whether my employer participates.

I emailed them back and told them that "I know that my employer does not participate. That's why I submitted the alternative information requested."

Today I received a followup email from a different rep that stated

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you with your request.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we are researching this further and will send you another email within 14 days that approves or denies your request. Please wait for the confirmation so that we will know if your employer participates in the Sprint Discount Program.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. Please reply to this email if you have any further questions regarding your discount request.
"

I wrote them back and told them....

"You stated that you were researching whether my employer participates in the Sprint Discount program. Apparently you did NOT read my last response to Emmalyn. I stated there that my employer does NOT participate and that is why I submitted the alternative information requested on Sprints website.

You also stated "We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions". Well, let me suggest that if that statement is true, you might start by paying attention to what the customers TELL YOU.
"

No wonder they are shedding established customers faster than they can gain new ones.
cheezit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 19,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
No wonder they are shedding established customers faster than they can gain new ones.
They gained you back. Even after charging you an additional $5 a month.

Of course they dont listen to the customer and respond with generic generated responses.

This will probably get moved to the rant section
Kendog210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
jessep28
That's Numberwang!

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 68,326
If there are no discounts for Sprint through your employer, just go open up a savings account at a credit union. You will automatically ve eligible for a 10% discount on your line plus other benefits. I think the credit union discount flies under the radar around here.

http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/Sprint-169.html

Last edited by jessep28; 12-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.
jessep28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
cheezit
Smartphone connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendog210 View Post
They gained you back. Even after charging you an additional $5 a month.
You have that backwards. They gained me back, yes. But it was AFTER I CAME BACK that I found out about the $5 a month. And I didn't cancel for a number of reasons, most of which I listed in that thread. But I think you knew all that already.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #5
cheezit
Smartphone connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28 View Post
If there are no discounts for Sprint through your employer, just go open up a savings account at a credit union. You will automatically ve eligible for a 10% discount on your line plus other benefits. I think the credit union discount flies under the radar around here.

http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/Sprint-169.html
The credit union discount is the one I asked for when I contacted ecare. I even told them that I had a credit union discount with Sprint before I left a year ago. The Sprint ecare reps are just choosing to be obtuse, apparently.

I really *WISH* I had known about that website before I signed back up.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
Just apply for the credit union discount. Don't forget that it will renew your contract once applied.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 50,292
I've been monitoring our local craigslist, primarily for iphones. I've been struck by just how many Sprint iphones are for sale -- more than Verizon, and equal or maybe even slight more than AT&T. Given that there are at least 10X as many AT&T iphones out there as Sprint iphones, it means that a scary proportion of Sprint iphones are being sold off (or at least attempted to be sold off). I can only guess that its the lousy data rates that those customers are getting...
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire

Mood: Pensive
Trades: 8
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 102,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendog210

This will probably get moved to the rant section
Yes it will, and that's why we have a rant section. This way everyone can find it and people in the General Section who are here for answers, don't gave to pour through rants and goodbyes,

Sent from my iPad using SU Forum

Last edited by DJRider; 12-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.
DJRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
Pyramid-3
Account Locked

Phone: HTC Evo 4G
SU$: 10,901
I recent years it's become painfully obvious that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing sometimes. You have to get a little lucky to find "The person" who can help you. For instance I upgraded a line recently by paying for it and in exchange I'm supposed to get a $50 rebate. This was checked and rechecked in the corporate store. Even spoke to Sprint yesterday to check on the status of the rebate. Everything appeared AOK albeit why it takes 8 - 473 million weeks in the year 2012 is beyond me. In any case just today I got a post card in the mail from Sprint telling me I'm ineligible for the rebate so I called the number on the card and whomever I spoke to claims to have gotten it straightened out. We will see. The explanation she gave was that they 'got confused' by the early upgrade coupled with the rebate which sounds like nonsense or maybe it's true. So if the card comes soon that's fine. If not, I guess it will be back on the phone to find another person who claims to know what they're doing.
Pyramid-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #10
cheezit
Smartphone connoisseur

Sometimes telling them what they probably don't really want to hear helps. I received an email back from ecare today that approved my request for the credit union discount, which is what I asked for.

However, I have a question. In the email, they said

Quote:
Your request has been approved and you will soon begin receiving a 20% monthly service discount through [your employer] for phone number ***-***-****. Your new discount will also be applied to any add-on services that have a monthly service charge of $30 or more.
I'm certainly not complaining, and I don't think I have any $30 add-on services, but I thought that the credit union discount was 10%. Not 20%. Or have they changed it?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 6
SU$: 21,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid-3 View Post
I recent years it's become painfully obvious that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing sometimes. You have to get a little lucky to find "The person" who can help you. For instance I upgraded a line recently by paying for it and in exchange I'm supposed to get a $50 rebate. This was checked and rechecked in the corporate store. Even spoke to Sprint yesterday to check on the status of the rebate. Everything appeared AOK albeit why it takes 8 - 473 million weeks in the year 2012 is beyond me. In any case just today I got a post card in the mail from Sprint telling me I'm ineligible for the rebate so I called the number on the card and whomever I spoke to claims to have gotten it straightened out. We will see. The explanation she gave was that they 'got confused' by the early upgrade coupled with the rebate which sounds like nonsense or maybe it's true. So if the card comes soon that's fine. If not, I guess it will be back on the phone to find another person who claims to know what they're doing.
One hand not knowing what the other is doing is not unique to Sprint. Verizon is even worse, and AT&T is no better. It's an epidemic that spans every industry in America, and probably the world.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rambo47 For This Useful Post:
ecarlclay (12-28-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
austin4435
Cordless Phone User

SU$: 3,028
Quote:
Sometimes telling them what they probably don't really want to hear helps. I received an email back from ecare today that approved my request for the credit union discount, which is what I asked for.

I'm certainly not complaining, and I don't think I have any $30 add-on services, but I thought that the credit union discount was 10%. Not 20%. Or have they changed it?
It varies
austin4435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
tube517
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Sleepy
Phone: LG G Stylo
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 2,558
Quote:

When I was still w/Sprint my CU discount was 16%
Samsung Galaxy S3 • AOSP ROM (4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 in)• Deleterious 1.5 (4.1.2) ROM
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
CSWORKER
Super Moderator

Mood: Chatty
Phone: I-Berry
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 6,958
Quote:

It is 10%, they set you up on the wrong hierachy. They think you are working for a credit union and not an actual member.

Enjoy it while you can.

THANKS ccchhhrrriiisss for the premium membership
CSWORKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
One hand not knowing what the other is doing is not unique to Sprint. Verizon is even worse, and AT&T is no better. It's an epidemic that spans every industry in America, and probably the world.
I'm not sure how Sprint's hierarchy is structured, but my experience indicates that the hands have no idea what the feet are doing. Corporate has no idea what customers face trying to get problems resolved. Sprint's customer care is the most inefficient I've ever experienced.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > One reason Sprint is losing customers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: