Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
machin576
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 74
My letter that Sprint deleted

I worked really hard on a letter for Dan@sprint.com and when I finished, I thought, "This is a good letter." I was right near proud of myself. So proud, that I decided to post it in the official Sprint forums, for all to see.

Sadly a mod decided that it was not a good letter, i.e. they were not as proud as I was.

Dan liked it so much that he invited me to chat with him...well...it wasn't him, it was someone else named Angela, BUT she emailed me from Dan@sprint.com, so it is basically from him.

Anyways, since they deleted it, I thought it should be forever entombed on the interwebs, and what better portal for a pure relic of Sprint fandom, than these most illustrious forums.

AKA a la Rant de Flambigio.

Said letter:

Former Sprint customer here.
I finally just ate the ETF and quit Sprint last week. I got on a different large carrier and am so pleased, I just might giggle. Their internet is faster than my home cable connection, have not dropped a call or had a connection issue yet, and the price is the same I had on Sprint for 3 phones.

Sprint is a sinking ship. I wish I could warn the Japanese company that is buying a stake in them that they are marginalizing their customers and losing customers that will NEVER return to Sprint. Other carriers offer actual service, better phones, and more respect.

I will never, ever, for any reason, be a customer of Sprint again, no matter the offer, price, availability of product, or coverage. They have burned the bridge. I blog and recommend frequently on tech and any recommendation will always contain "Don't even consider Sprint".

Just leave, it will make you feel better, I promise. You are frustrated and I guarantee it is hurting your health and relationships. Pull the thorn out, it is just money.

If you are a new customer and reading this, get out as soon as possible. Your current problem will not go away. They told you there is a "tower down in your area" or "high phone traffic" when you are trying to call, or your "phone is the problem" or "the network is being repaired/upgraded". These are lies and half-truths to get you to stay with them past the 14 days/ 1 month to lock you into a 2 year contract.

They are not adding 4g to the area near you. They are not upgrading. They DO NOT have your best interest in mind.

They value new customers 10x as much as returning customers. Quit enabling their awful service with your continued payments, their business model is banking on your continued passive-aggressive attitude.

You cannot get out of your contract without an ETF: Fact. I have spent hours on the phone with Sprint CS, going up and down the tiers, through multiple supervisors and through retentions. They will not budge. Do not waste your time and energy, it is not worth it.

I urge all of you to contact your state attorney-general, the Better Business Bureau, and one of the multiple class action lawsuits against Sprint and their ETF.

They have broken the contract with you and you should not be held responsible for their awful service.

Oklahoma Sprint User
machin576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
Any explanation why it was pulled?
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 19,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbin View Post
Any explanation why it was pulled?
They delete threads and ban accounts more often then you realize. I posted about this practice from Sprint but I was tagged team by a number of sprintusers and called a troll.
Kendog210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Gameross
Telephone User

SU$: 1,837
Why would anyone allow disparaging remarks on forums they control?

Doesn't mean you are wrong, but it would be stupid for them to leave it up on thier forums too.
Gameross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
bluth
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by machin576
I worked really hard on a letter for Dan@sprint.com and when I finished, I thought, "This is a good letter." I was right near proud of myself. So proud, that I decided to post it in the official Sprint forums, for all to see.

Sadly a mod decided that it was not a good letter, i.e. they were not as proud as I was.

Dan liked it so much that he invited me to chat with him...well...it wasn't him, it was someone else named Angela, BUT she emailed me from Dan@sprint.com, so it is basically from him.

Anyways, since they deleted it, I thought it should be forever entombed on the interwebs, and what better portal for a pure relic of Sprint fandom, than these most illustrious forums.

Said letter:

I finally just ate the ETF and quit Sprint last week. I got on a different large carrier and am so pleased, I just might giggle. Their internet is faster than my home cable connection, have not dropped a call or had a connection issue yet, and the price is the same I had on Sprint for 3 phones.

Sprint is a sinking ship. I wish I could warn the Japanese company that is buying a stake in them that they are marginalizing their customers and losing customers that will NEVER return to Sprint. Other carriers offer actual service, better phones, and more respect.

I will never, ever, for any reason, be a customer of Sprint again, no matter the offer, price, availability of product, or coverage. They have burned the bridge. I blog and recommend frequently on tech and any recommendation will always contain "Don't even consider Sprint".

Just leave, it will make you feel better, I promise. You are frustrated and I guarantee it is hurting your health and relationships. Pull the thorn out, it is just money.

If you are a new customer and reading this, get out as soon as possible. Your current problem will not go away. They told you there is a "tower down in your area" or "high phone traffic" when you are trying to call, or your "phone is the problem" or "the network is being repaired/upgraded". These are lies and half-truths to get you to stay with them past the 14 days/ 1 month to lock you into a 2 year contract.

They are not adding 4g to the area near you. They are not upgrading. They DO NOT have your best interest in mind.

They value new customers 10x as much as returning customers. Quit enabling their awful service with your continued payments, their business model is banking on your continued passive-aggressive attitude.

You cannot get out of your contract without an ETF: Fact. I have spent hours on the phone with Sprint CS, going up and down the tiers, through multiple supervisors and through retentions. They will not budge. Do not waste your time and energy, it is not worth it.

I urge all of you to contact your state attorney-general, the Better Business Bureau, and one of the multiple class action lawsuits against Sprint and their ETF.

They have broken the contract with you and you should not be held responsible for their awful service.

Oklahoma Sprint User
Great letter. I've been goin through all that u explained about the ETF and service but have not left. Thanks for ur suggestions.
Sincerely,
Bay Area Cali sprint user.!
bluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
CRZ4donuts
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S
SU$: 667
Mods are power hungry . Probably still live at moms no real friends or active sex life . Remember they're "job" is to moderate a forum . I'm sure this post will probably removed because I got under someone's skin for exposing the truth . In other words I broke them down easily .
CRZ4donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZ4donuts View Post
Mods are power hungry . Probably still live at moms no real friends or active sex life . Remember they're "job" is to moderate a forum . I'm sure this post will probably removed because I got under someone's skin for exposing the truth . In other words I broke them down easily .
He's talking about the official Sprint forum. This site is not affiliated with Sprint.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #8
CRZ4donuts
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S
SU$: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt

He's talking about the official Sprint forum. This site is not affiliated with Sprint.
Ahh my mistake lemme edit lol
CRZ4donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
Pyramid-3
Account Locked

Phone: HTC Evo 4G
SU$: 10,901
The wider issue is 'so what'? Sprint doesn't care what its customers think want need feel do or say. Unless it's a comment along the lines of some bland praise for a handset or a lame question on where to get a case in crocodile skin Sprint genuinely does not care whether you live or die and isn't entirely interested in your complaints or statements. Why should they? There's a thousand people behind you who didn't quit.
Pyramid-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
Gameaddict8
Telephone User

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG G4
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 956
Send a message via AIM to Gameaddict8
Quote:
Originally Posted by machin576 View Post

Said letter:

Oklahoma Sprint User
I'm glad you moved to a carrier that works for you. I doubt they care though that you left.

LG G4
Gameaddict8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > My letter that Sprint deleted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: