Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Spruce da Bruce
Account Locked

Mood: Mellow
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 6,351
Unlimited Data Plan= Free Data Roaming In Canada?

I am going to Canada next month and was looking for info on the data rates there should I want to use my Compass. This is what I found on the Sprint site:

The North American Unlimited Connection Card Plan allows you unlimited usage in the US, Canada, and Mexico. You can stay connected while visiting our neighbors to the north or south of the border. You will have access to your email, internet, and the ability to view company applications on your laptop with a PCS High Speed Data Connection Card or via a data roaming-capable PCS device.

Does this mean if you have an Unlimited Data plan or Unlimited PowerVision plan you don't have to worry about extra charges when using data in Canada or Mexico? Sounds too good to be true.....

Here is the page I found it on.
Spruce da Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
mromblad
Tele-Wizard

Phone: Centro / Mogul
SU$: 1,777
From the way it reads to me, you have to have a data card and this special plan to include all of this. It is NOT for regular vision or p.vision phones.

Again, this is from how i interpreted the paragraph
Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Spruce da Bruce
Account Locked

I do have a data card (usb modem actually, see sig) and the Unlimited plan. I guess I'll have to email Ecare and see if they can clarify.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
macuser09
Cordless Phone User

Phone: V950
SU$: 1,798
It is a special plan that you have to be on. The normal unlimited data card and powervision plans will be charged for data roaming when in Canada or Mexico.
macuser09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #5
Spruce da Bruce
Account Locked

Any idea how much it is?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:51 AM   #6
pixielee
smile and believe

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: BB Style
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,427
i have regular powervision and have not been charged roaming for accessing the web while i was in winnipeg Canada ( 5 times in 6 months ) .... so far just my calls get dinged roaming and LD charges - not sure if its supposed to be that way or a sprint error - but im not telling them lol
pixielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
macuser09
Cordless Phone User

Phone: V950
SU$: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxx View Post
i have regular powervision and have not been charged roaming for accessing the web while i was in winnipeg Canada ( 5 times in 6 months ) .... so far just my calls get dinged roaming and LD charges - not sure if its supposed to be that way or a sprint error - but im not telling them lol
It's not suppose to be that way but I have heard of some people not getting charged when they are in Canada. I have even heard of some people not getting charged for calls made in Canada. I wouldn't say anything about it. I'm not sure how much the official plan is for North America Unlimited data or if it is available to consumers or for business only. I remember hearing about it a long time ago and I don't remember it being much more then. Best way would be to call CS and ask them about it. I would try to get data support as they would be the best to talk to about it.
macuser09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
TheTruckGuy
Wrangler to Off-Road..

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: SonyErics K750i
Trades: 1
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 16,602
Send a message via AIM to TheTruckGuy
What I know is when you are in the US and are roaming.. IF you have unlimited america roaming, your data also is not charged any roaming data. Similar way, if you take an unlimited Canada Roaming (I dont know now, but they had one a couple yrs ago) you should not be charged anything extra for roaming or voicecalls as you already hv the unlimited canada roaming option. (was $20 2 yrs ago)

TheTruckGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
Spruce da Bruce
Account Locked

I have the Canada Roaming plan but I don't think it includes data.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Unlimited Data Plan= Free Data Roaming In Canada?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: