Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
golf1410
Telegraph User

SU$: 112
Strange situation!!!

Sorry guys because this doesn't relevant stuffs about phone or sprint at all. I just need some advices from all of you.

I bought a microwave from eBay and I got it. It was pretty good deal. But today, I have got another shipment from UPS. It was sent to my address with my name on it. I opened it up and it turned out to be a microwave, which is the same brand but it is better model than the one I have. There was an invoice in the box as well. It came from one reliable website and someone placed an order for me. After that, I checked my bank account and transactions. there was no deduction and no corresponding transaction at all. So, I decided to browse to that website, which is I havent been to before and called customer service of that website. I asked them to check number order and they said someone really bought that microwave for you. I asked them buyer information such as phone number and they didn't have it. So they offered me to ship it back with free shipping.

After the call, there was an email of buyer on the invoice, so I emailed him and it seemed to be his email s not exist.

Should I wait until buyer contract me first?
If buyer didn't contract you back, would you keep it or ship it back to website?
Is this kind of scam?
I have no problem to ship it back but this microwave is heavy and I don't have a lift. I am full time student and come from oversea. It's quite far to get it to nearest UPS. Actually, UPS pick up is reasonable. What do you think guys?
golf1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
carpediem06
Digital PCS User

SU$: 21,605
law states that if a company accidentally ships you a product, you don't have to return it and can keep it without consequences...but do the right thing here...it seems someone may have entered in the wrong shipping address?
carpediem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
golf1410
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem06
law states that if a company accidentally ships you a product, you don't have to return it and can keep it without consequences...but do the right thing here...it seems someone may have entered in the wrong shipping address?
Company didn't accidentally ship it. Company ship it to the right address. But it was seller mistake I guess. Company wants the microwave back without the seller acknowledge. Should I wait for the seller to contract me first?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
TheTruckGuy
Wrangler to Off-Road..

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: SonyErics K750i
Trades: 1
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 16,602
Send a message via AIM to TheTruckGuy
the microwave u got from ebay? was it an individual seller? used? or was it from a company which has an ebay store? have u checked if it is the same store that sold u the microwave on ebay?

Along with the microwave that you bought on ebay, did you bid or accidently buy any other microwave on ebay? have u checked your paypal? I'd strongly say Wait until the transaction posts, what if you return to the company and then a charge posts on your account? they may not even give u a refund? if you have space, just store it and keep. after you've waited for many days, with proof that you waited for many days *maybe* u can open it and use it, since u waited and no one came to claim...

thats all i can think of... dont know what else to say..

TheTruckGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
carpediem06
Digital PCS User

SU$: 21,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf1410 View Post
Company didn't accidentally ship it. Company ship it to the right address. But it was seller mistake I guess. Company wants the microwave back without the seller acknowledge. Should I wait for the seller to contract me first?
sounds like its an ebay seller that doesn't actually "own" the product...they are contracted by warehousing companies that store this stuff and they get a cut of the profits....

if that's the case..sounds like the seller screwed up the invoicing with that warehouse and they sent you 2?
carpediem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
NM08SRT8
Finally, Sprint got it..

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: iP4s White 64gb
Trades: 20
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 123,394
Like the others, just hang on to it, don't use it and wait to see what, if any, charges appear.

Also, what's "wait until he contracts me..."?

Do you mean Contact?

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum
NM08SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
golf1410
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruckGuy
the microwave u got from ebay? was it an individual seller? used? or was it from a company which has an ebay store? have u checked if it is the same store that sold u the microwave on ebay?

Along with the microwave that you bought on ebay, did you bid or accidently buy any other microwave on ebay? have u checked your paypal? I'd strongly say Wait until the transaction posts, what if you return to the company and then a charge posts on your account? they may not even give u a refund? if you have space, just store it and keep. after you've waited for many days, with proof that you waited for many days *maybe* u can open it and use it, since u waited and no one came to claim...

thats all i can think of... dont know what else to say..
It was an individual seller and both microwaves that I have were brand new. The last microwave that I have got came with an invoice from reliable website. I did call to that website, order was actually placed and processed. I don't think this website has eBay store. I took a risk from a seller who has only 5 positive feedback and 1 negative feedback on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem06

sounds like its an ebay seller that doesn't actually "own" the product...they are contracted by warehousing companies that store this stuff and they get a cut of the profits....

if that's the case..sounds like the seller screwed up the invoicing with that warehouse and they sent you 2?
Yes they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM08SRT8
Like the others, just hang on to it, don't use it and wait to see what, if any, charges appear.

Also, what's "wait until he contracts me..."?

Do you mean Contact?

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum
Sry, that's my bad. Yeah, I mean contact.
The invoice show me that the order was place on 11 Jan. There is no new transaction at all. I know this kind of thing happen once in million times.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > The SU Lounge > Watercooler > Strange situation!!!