Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Jazzgeek444
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 50
Angry Sprint's Warranty- Phone Exchange

I'm currently on my fourth Evo 3D, and I just got this "new" (refurbished) phone today. However, as soon as I turned it on I noticed a blue spot in the screen. Since I was in the Sprint store, I immediately told the rep, who ordered ANOTHER refurbished Evo 3D without asking me. Since this store isn't a corporate store, I wasn't about to deal with any hassle in there and I left immediately.

My issue is this: I don't want another Evo 3D. I would definitely prefer a comparable model (which is really only the Epic 4G Touch).
Long story short, I've called Sprint four times and talked to their Advanced Replacement department. The first time, I couldn't understand the rep. Second was a rep with a bad attitude who wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor. Third was a great guy who was very helpful but we were somehow disconnected. The final guy told me this:
-Sprint DOES NOT handle the warranty for the Evo 3D.
-The ONLY option I have for replacement is another Evo 3D, no comparable devices.
-My best bet would be to call HTC directly to get my phone checked out.

However, the first and third reps I talked to mentioned the Nexus S, the Epic 4G, the Evo 4G, and the Evo Shift 4G as comparable models. I have also had reps in-store tell me the Nexus S and the Photon are comparable models.

Pretty much, I'm now confused as to Sprint's replacement policy, and I can't find anything on it beyond what Asurion offers. Some clarification would be very much appreciated and I would LOVE it if someone could provide a link to Sprint's official policy on broken phone replacement!
Jazzgeek444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Sprint's policy is you get a replacement of the same model. However, Sprint can swap you into a "comparable" model. They will be the same generation or older. But they are rarely anything that can be considered an upgrade as Sprint does not want to encourage people to abuse the system. Most definitely you are not getting an Epic Touch.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
alanj
Telephone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC EVO 3D
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 772
Send a message via AIM to alanj
When my Evo 4G had to be replaced for the second time, I was told by 2 different reps that my only choice was asurion and that maybe I would get a non refurbished model.
I received an Evo 3D brand new, however it had software issues (such as rebooting itself for no reason twice when i first powered it up, and again resetting itself when I tried to test call it.)
I talked with sprint again and they said my only option is to troubleshoot it at the store (which I already did.) No differnet model and no guarantee that if I sent it in I would get a new phone back.

Like duffman said, they will not upgrade your phone to something newer b/c they don't want ppl to abuse the system.
I don't want another 3D either, but it seems like it's my/our only option.

also, heres a link to Sprints return and exchange policy. Hope this helps
http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/

Last edited by alanj; 01-13-2012 at 10:37 PM.
alanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint's Warranty- Phone Exchange

Tags
comparable phones, customer service, htc, replacement, sprint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: