Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Ziant
Two Cans & String User
 
Ziant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 15, '10
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
SU$: 70
Angry No Evo

So excited when the evo became available on mybday this Sept.
So disappointed after getting the Evo for my bday.
Won't play Sprint music Koz. Files
Won't download apps on other microsd cards besides Sprint.
Can't read amazon kindle books or other app books on other mem cards.
Drops calls.
Can't use hotspot unless you pay 30$.
Force you to pay 10$.
Contacts aren't saved to sprint data base. you lose them along with the music.
Contacts can be saved to gmail however. Putting your contacts at risk of being used after if gmail is hacked.
Can't wait to return, that'll be the real present.
Oh and the sprint rep could hardly get the men card out. I had to do it with another men card.
***MOD EDIT***

I typed this using the evo, best kick I git out of tjis phonw. last sentenced I typed without pressing backspace

Last edited by MsRandall; 09-15-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Selling Outside TP
Ziant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziant For This Useful Post:
cumbaya19 (09-15-2010), scottae316 (01-02-2011)
Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Guest
 
BrettW's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziant View Post
So excited when the evo became available on mybday this Sept.
So disappointed after getting the Evo for my bday.
Won't play Sprint music Koz. Files
Won't download apps on other microsd cards besides Sprint.
Can't read amazon kindle books or other app books on other mem cards.
Drops calls.
Can't use hotspot unless you pay 30$.
Force you to pay 10$.
Contacts aren't saved to sprint data base. you lose them along with the music.
Contacts can be saved to gmail however. Putting your contacts at risk of being used after if gmail is hacked.
Can't wait to return, that'll be the real present.
Oh and the sprint rep could hardly get the men card out. I had to do it with another men card.
***MOD EDIT***

I typed this using the evo, best kick I git out of tjis phonw. last sentenced I typed without pressing backspace
1) only windows mobile smartphones do no other sprint smartphones will
2) untrue whoever told you this was misinformed
3) same as 2)
4) root and use the many wireless tethering apps available
5) gotta pay to play
6) no sprint smartphone does
the rest i answered with your other post.
  Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Scrumptious (09-17-2010), UALOneKPlus (09-16-2010)
Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Ziant
Two Cans & String User
 
Ziant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 15, '10
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
SU$: 70
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW View Post
1) only windows mobile smartphones do no other sprint smartphones will
2) untrue whoever told you this was misinformed
3) same as 2)
4) root and use the many wireless tethering apps available
5) gotta pay to play
6) no sprint smartphone does
the rest i answered with your other post.
--I talked to 6 reps I know what I'm talking about.
This is a google phone not sprint. Actualy SPRINT phones do.
--So true, Who ever told me this was two people that work for sprint customer service. If you're an actualy sprint customer like me, press *2 its real easy.
--I don't play when it comes to this. When I use Wifi or internet service outside of my home. It's to monitor business, not to pay and play.
--All sprint phones do this because sprint doesn't have sim cards that saves contact. Instead they allow you to save on their database. Now this info came from a 2nd level tech rep. If you believe what you say, maybe you should apply and make your statements true to everyone (just saying).
Ziant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Guest
 
BrettW's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziant View Post
--I talked to 6 reps I know what I'm talking about.
This is a google phone not sprint. Actualy SPRINT phones do.
--So true, Who ever told me this was two people that work for sprint customer service. If you're an actualy sprint customer like me, press *2 its real easy.
--I don't play when it comes to this. When I use Wifi or internet service outside of my home. It's to monitor business, not to pay and play.
--All sprint phones do this because sprint doesn't have sim cards that saves contact. Instead they allow you to save on their database. Now this info came from a 2nd level tech rep. If you believe what you say, maybe you should apply and make your statements true to everyone (just saying).
you dont even have to use google sign in, htc android phones have the ability to save contacts locally on the device and even export them to VCF format to save to the SD card and elsewhere

and the htc evo is not a google phone as you put it, its an android device running the htc sence ui, its not a google experience device.

trust me ill say this over and over, sprints reps are grossly misinformed i have owned numerous sprint devices over time including 3 of 5 (soon to be 4 of 5) of their android offerings..

pay to play is a turn of phrase, it essentially means if you want the latest device with 4g service and the broad experience that comes with it you have to pay the $10, otherwise you have the hero, moment, intercept, touch pro 2, treo pro, centro, and a few other smartphone devices.

but if your looking for sprint contact backup NO sprint smartphone supports it. not blackberry not webos (pre/pixi), not windows mobile, and not android supports it. i believe the palm devices (centro/treo etc) did but my memory is fuzzy there.

as for sprint music store only phones with java support have it, most windows mobile devices do, all blackberries do, all non-smartphones do webos/android do not
  Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
eggypadua (12-10-2010), iredline5 (10-02-2010), NM08SRT8 (09-23-2010), phynal (09-30-2010), stort7683 (09-24-2010)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Phone Reviews > No Evo

Reply

Tags
evo, review

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HTC EVO FAQ's bigchico68 HTC 70 08-30-2011 09:41 PM
My opinion of the EVO vs. Epic Squall_Line Phone Reviews 0 09-14-2010 08:15 AM
Evo fatboy Test Forum 3 06-09-2010 05:40 PM
Evo acid test - work day, hard use, battery life, issues, etc TheBundo HTC 3 06-03-2010 02:52 AM
EVO release date and pricing info Quill HTC 0 05-12-2010 09:21 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 AM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -